Hermosa Beach Personal Injury Attorneys
No matter who you are, a serious injury accident has the potential to overturn your world, ruin your finances, disrupt your family and significantly lessen your quality of life. When the accident occurs due to someone else’s actions or negligence, the law says you are entitled to compensation for your losses. Over the past 24 years, attorney Michael McLachlan has successfully represented hundreds of personal injury clients, employing skillful negotiation and aggressive litigation to obtain millions of dollars in settlements for the victims and their families.
Common Types of Personal Injury
McLachlan Law represents clients covering a wide range of personal injury cases. A few of the most common types include:
- Motor vehicle accidents — injury accidents involving cars, trucks or motorcycles where anotherparty is at fault
- Public Transportation — injury accidents involving government transportation such as trains, buses, taxicabs, or shared-ride vehicles like Uber or Lyft
- Premises liability (slip or trip-and-fall) — when you suffer significant injury or harm on someone else’s property as a result of their negligence.
- Product liability — when a badly-manufactured product results in serious injury to the user.
- Dog bites — when the owner or person in control of a dog fails to control the animal thereby causing injury to others.
- Wrongful death — when someone’s negligence or intentional behavior results in the untimely death of a loved one.
Every personal injury case is different, and we look at each case individually to determine what happened, how much loss has been suffered, who is at fault, and how much the client can reasonably expect in compensation. Quite often, we are dealing with the insurance company of the party at fault; if the person was not insured, we may file a claim directly against the defendant, with other potentially responsible parties, or with your insurance if you have uninsured motorist coverage. The amount recovered may include any/all of the following types of compensation to which you may be entitled:
- Medical expenses
- Property loss
- Lost wages—how much you would have made if you continued working
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress—the cost to treat the psychological impact of a serious injury
- Punitive damages—an amount awarded by the judge or jury to “punish” the defendant (usually a company) in cases of wanton negligence
McLachlan Law has extensive experience in helping victims of personal injury recover the losses they have suffered. If you’ve been injured in an accident, we can help. Call our office for a free case evaluation.(310) 446-8923
Schedule a Consultation
Contact us now to discuss your case and learn more about our firm.