Catastrophic Injuries Lawyer in California
If you were involved in an accident that was due to someone else’s negligence, you may be facing catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries could be life-threatening, cause astronomical medical bills, and result in your inability to return to work. The following are the most commonly seen catastrophic personal injuries that result from a car accidents, slip and fall accidents, truck or other vehicle accidents, construction accidents or medical malpractice.
Traumatic Brain Injury
The Mayfield Clinic research shows that there are many degrees and types of Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI) that can develop following a severe accident, including:
● Concussion – Concussions can range from mild to serious, and all are considered serious enough to warrant immediate medical attention.
● Contusion – Contusions are bruises on the brain, that can take months or years to heal.
● Diffuse axonal injury – When the brain is sharply moved back and forth inside of the skull, the nerve cells may actually shear and stretch causing serious injury.
● Traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage – Hemorrhages, or brain bleeds, often occur after serious accidents where trauma to the head occurs.
● Hematoma – Hematomas are blood clots that occur in the brain after a blood vessel ruptures.
Unfortunately, for many victims, they will suffer several of these traumatic brain injuries simultaneously. After an accident where a brain injury of any degree is suspected, a victim should seek immediate medical attention.
Back and Spinal Cord Injuries
Another commonly seen injury following an accident is either a back or spinal cord injury. After a serious impact, the small discs and vertebrae in a victim’s back can be knocked out of alignment, or the spinal cord could be completely fractured. In some cases, victims of serious accidents can suffer from temporary or permanent paralysis. Just as in the case with a traumatic brain injury, if you feel that you suffered any kind of back injury following an accident, you should seek immediate medical attention.
Other Catastrophic Injuries Our Lawyers Can Help With
Other types of catastrophic injuries that may occur following an accident could be broken or fractured bones, internal organ damage, lacerations, or burns. Any of these injuries could leave a victim permanently disfigured, injured, or cause death. Accidents caused by the negligence of others should be reviewed with a competent personal injury attorney. Call us today for a consultation.