Inglewood Bicycle Accident Attorney
Bicycles are environmentally friendly, promote physical fitness, and offer a convenient means of getting around the Inglewood, CA, area. Unfortunately, these devices also pose risks to those who use them, even when bicyclists are cautious when navigating the streets of Inglewood. Bicycle accidents can happen anywhere with little to no warning. If you or a loved one recently suffered injuries from a bicycle accident caused by someone else, you likely have sufficient grounds for a claim against the responsible party.
Legal Representation for Inglewood, CA, Bicycle Accident Victims
An experienced Inglewood bicycle accident attorney can be a crucial asset when you are struggling with the problems related to your injuries after a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver. You may have suffered catastrophic injuries that require extensive medical treatment and be left unable to work until you heal completely. Whatever your unique situation entails, McLachlan Law, APC, can provide the right legal counsel you need to secure compensation for your losses to the fullest extent possible under California state law.
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Bicycle Accident?
It’s natural to wonder about your potential legal options after experiencing a personal injury due to the actions of another party. Some personal injury claims arise from incidents of negligence, while others stem from intentional acts of violence or reckless disregard for the safety of others. Whatever your unique bicycle accident claim entails, it will be much easier for you and your family to navigate the legal proceedings you face with confidence when you have an experienced personal injury attorney representing you.
While it is technically possible for a bicycle accident victim to handle their civil claim for damages on their own, the process is much more complex and challenging than most people expect. For example, suppose you have no professional legal experience or practical experience with the civil court system. In that case, you would likely make procedural errors in the early stages of your case that could ultimately jeopardize your ability to secure compensation for damages. Additionally, if you do not have an attorney, you would need to meet the court’s strict procedural requirements while simultaneously managing the problems related to your accident.
Hiring an Inglewood bicycle accident lawyer dramatically increases your chance of success with your personal injury claim. You can rely on a strong legal team to handle your case while focusing on your recovery. Additionally, your legal representation could be available at a much lower cost than you anticipated. Choosing the right attorney increases not only your chance of success with your claim but also increases your chance of maximizing your recovery as much as the law allows.
Who Is Liable for a Bike Accident?
Bicycle accidents can happen for many reasons. However, when these incidents occur due to the negligence of other parties, those negligent parties absorb liability for the victim’s damages. Most bicycle accidents are caused by:
- Distracted driving.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs.
- Reckless driving.
- Moving violations, such as running red lights and speeding.
- Poor visibility.
- Failure to yield the rightofway.
Suppose you believe your recent bicycle accident occurred because of the actions of another party. In that case, you have the right to file a personal injury claim against them to seek compensation for your losses.
Damages and Compensation for Bicycle Accident Victims in Inglewood, CA
To qualify for a personal injury claim in California, the victim must be able to prove they suffered actual harm from the defendant’s actions. An Inglewood bicycle accident attorney can help their client examine the aftermath of their bicycle accident and determine the scope of their claimable damages, which may include:
- Medical expenses. The victim of another party’s negligence has the right to compensation for the medical expenses they incurred due to the other party’s negligence if their suit is successful. For example, the victim in a bicycle accident claim can recover compensation for immediate and future medical costs when catastrophic injuries demand ongoing care.
- Lost income. Your bicycle accident is likely to prevent you from working until you recover. Your attorney can add your lost wages during this recovery period to your lawsuit, and you also have the right to claim lost future earnings if your injuries are severe enough to prevent you from returning to work.
- Property damage. A bicycle accident is likely to severely damage the victim’s bike and other personal belongings. You can add repair and replacement costs for your property damage to your personal injury claim.
- Pain and suffering. California state law allows the victim in a personal injury case to recover compensation for physical pain and emotional distress they experienced due to the defendant’s actions. Your Inglewood bicycle accident lawyer will help you determine a reasonable amount of pain and suffering based on the severity of your experience and whether you face long-term medical complications from your injuries.
When you have the right attorney on your side, your total recovery from your bicycle accident could be much more than you anticipated. The attorneys at McLachlan Law, APC, strive to maximize our client’s recovery in every case we accept.
What Should I Expect From My Inglewood Bicycle Accident Attorney?
It can be incredibly daunting to approach any personal injury claim, especially one likely to entail substantial damages. However, a bicycle accident can potentially impact the rest of your life in many ways, and the right Inglewood bicycle accident lawyer can make a significant impact on the quality of your recovery.
Success with your personal injury claim requires correct identification of the defendant or defendants responsible for causing your damages. Next, the plaintiff and their attorney must prove the full extent of the plaintiff’s claimable damages and that those damages occurred due to the defendant’s negligence. Your Inglewood bicycle accident lawyer can be invaluable in this process, helping you gather evidence, eyewitness testimony, and supporting testimony from expert witnesses to assist in proving liability for your damages.
Time is a critical factor for any personal injury claim in California. You have two years from the date your injury occurred to file your claim. The sooner you connect with an Inglewood bicycle accident lawyer, the greater your chance of successfully recovering your damages will be. If you are ready to discuss your options for legal recourse after a bicycle accident with an experienced Inglewood bicycle accident attorney, contact McLachlan Law, APC, today to schedule your consultation with our team.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact us now to discuss your case and learn more about our firm.